Should I promote this guy early?

Ask for or give help with trade offers, coach point distribution, draftee rankings, or anything else specific to team strategy.
tles

Should I promote this guy early?

Post by tles »

I am rebuilding and I don't have too many CP's available so I am thinking of promoting this guy at age 22 (after his birthday). I also have 2 #1 picks and 4 #2 picks in the next draft. What do you think?
http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?statso ... d=13419444

I am not sure if these links will bring you to my team or not but here it goes.
http://simdynasty.com/minorleague.jsp?teamid=1054
http://simdynasty.com/depth.jsp?teamid=1054

Chicago Blue Sox
Dynasty League

Thanks for any help.
Covid18

Re: Should I promote this guy early?

Post by Covid18 »

If he had a good health grade, I would say yes, but with a D+? You're asking for him to get hurt, and be shelved for 30 days, missing IC chances. Or not. You never know. Go with your gut, and live by your decision.

Besides, he won't be very good until he's 27-28 anyway. Just don't overuse him if you promote him.

I'd promote Endicott and Baker and let them suck for the big club. If you can get them 45-50 ICs instead of the 25-35 they'll get, they have a chance to at least be innings eaters down the line. Then you can find a couple of young dudes on the WW who might be a decent platoon player/defensive replacement to put those CPs on...

You are at least 4 seasons away from being a contender, use this time to develop some B+ prospects in the majors, but your frontline stars-to-be? Be wise in their development. You don't need all those mentors. A single A+ mentor in the lineup gets you to C+ mentoring. The other 7 should be young dudes devouring ICs. Same with your pitchers. Get one A+ mentor in the rotation and the pen, and the other 9 guys should be youngsters. You're going to lose 100+ games anyway, might as well get some bang for your buck.

Also, be sure to coach players into other positions. Lindsay will never be a very good defensive catcher. I'd train him for LF. He can still catch as a backup, or until you find a better guy. He projects to C+/B+ defensively. That's a catcher who gets run on constantly and successfully.

Good luck!
If only Spec Richardson had never been the Astros GM...
tles

Re: Should I promote this guy early?

Post by tles »

I appreciate the feedback. This is only the 2nd time I have rebuilt in 105 seasons so I have some things to learn. The one thing I have thought is that health doesn't mean much with pitchers. I have had a lot of bad health pitchers that never got hurt. Who knows.

But the one thing I would like to find is the chart that shows the difference between a pitcher's developments at age 22 in the majors and in the minors at age 22 with 12 CP's.

And why shouldn't I overuse him if I promote him?

I agree my team is 4 seasons or so away. I suck right now. lol

Thanks covid.

-Todd

Return to “Baseball Team, Draft and Trade Help”