CP trade

Discussions for the Ford Hernandez League.

Moderators: swope81, bostonhitz

BlondeBombshell

CP trade

Post by BlondeBombshell » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:24 pm

i have no idea how to make a trade for CP's .. would someone please explain how to make that trade .. please

that being said, my 2nd round pick, 28th overall i believe is available

STEROIDS_R_US

Re: CP trade

Post by STEROIDS_R_US » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 pm

from what I remember you trade your 2nd round draft pick to a team that has available CP's and room in the minors. You also send them the player you want the CP's to be placed on. I think this lasts for 2 seasons then that team trades your player back to you.

rodrayha

Post by rodrayha » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm

The cp trade can be for as many cp's or as long as you want. You negotiate it, like any other trade and as Steroids said just send the player (I usually change his name and add my team name) to the team you are trading. Technically the only rule is that you can't trade cps out farther than we have draft picks (so I think that's 4 years). Traditionally a 2nd round pick will go for 13 or 14 cps, but it is not set in stone. Cp's can also be added to player trades if you are rebuilding and have too many prospects and not enough cps to develop someone.

BlondeBombshell

Post by BlondeBombshell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm

thanks for the comments, but i still don't know how to make a CP trade .. so let me go at this a different way .. tell me if i am right or not

it's the honor system .. i trade my prospect to another owner, for an agreed price and that owner promises to develop my prospect at a certain level all season long and then at the end of the season that owner trades my prospect back to me ..

rodrayha

Post by rodrayha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:34 pm

yes, that is correct. That's why I always try to change the name and add your teams initials. And post the cp trade on the message board so that there is a record of it.

BlondeBombshell

Post by BlondeBombshell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm

thank you

Return to “Ford Hernandez League”