Setting the Record Straight!

Discussions for the Keller Stargell League.
pecker247

Setting the Record Straight!

Post by pecker247 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:13 pm

First of all I would NEVER pay another owner to make a trade. I have been on this site for 15 years and I know the rules. For that allegation to be said is ludacris. Denbone AND Maze ( LA owner and Tampa owner) both play with me in another league. As some of you know I was in the original Charlie Keller league since inception until it merged with this current league. I have literally been in the same league for 15 real years. I think the only original ones left are Cy511 and Mjlee555. Both Maze and Denbone came over to this league. I am not going to get into all of the history between the three of this on this post, but we have played with each other for a while now. We have all went through the good and bad together. All three of us have seen a lot in the other league. To make this simple and cut and dry. I would never cheat. I don't know why Bpearly is all of a sudden going on cuss filled rages on a public board. He's a competitor and I get that. I am not defending any trade because I shouldn't have to and that apparently wasn't good enough for him. I offered the trade and he accepted. Pretty clear cut. I think a lot of the owners would attest that I offer trades to other owners all of the time. Most get rejected, some just sit there and some are accepted. There isn't anything nefarious about this trade.
Last edited by pecker247 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bpearly69

Re: Setting the Record Straight!

Post by bpearly69 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:58 pm

a 3rd overall pick that is a pitcher who will turn into an all star. for a 2nd rounder that's pick 47.. a catcher that should barely be a backup and a useless B overall 26 year old, defend or use whatever reasons you want, these are the kinds of trades that cause leagues to fold, and youre apart of a lot of these types of trades.

pecker247

Post by pecker247 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 pm

I am sorry you feel that way. I am biting my tongue as hard as I can right now.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:56 pm

The trade looks like collusion. It looks like someone gaming the system.

mjlee555

Post by mjlee555 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:12 pm

I don't usually get involved in all of this.....

I get where Silvanlae and bpearly69 are coming from as far as this trade being frustrating. I was going to report it as trade abuse as well but couldn't figure out how to do it. While I was trying to figure it out, I thought about it more and decided against it. I have to trust that there is not collusion....if I thought there was, I would need to just get out of the league. However, Pecker247 sends me these types of trades all the time that I routinely decline. I think that is just what he does and here and there they are accepted by others. I would get upset. But, at some point I decided as long as they aren't new owners to the game (which there have been some) that are being taken advantage of, I can't really find fault in it and to some extent admire it. I feel that I either need to join him or find another way to beat him (which is what I have chosen). His record is impressive. I don't particularly like the way he gets there, but I really don't think it is outside the rules.

mjlee555

Post by mjlee555 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Just my two cents.

pecker247

Post by pecker247 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:34 pm

I send out trade offers. Sometimes I win a trade and sometimes I lose a trade. Just the way it goes sometimes. There are other owners in this league that are aggressive in sending out trade offers as well, but for whatever reason I am the whipping boy in all of this. I guess I don't understand why other owners can make trades and they NEVER have to hear something like this, but when I do all hell breaks loose. It's also not like I am only making trades with one owner. The last three trades were with Seattle, Miami, and LA. I mean someone just gave up 2 potential to 10 picks for a B+ overall pitcher that I wouldn't even use. I also don't know if an owner is new or not. It's not like I go and look at their owner card before I propose a trade. I guess that's the criteria we need to use going forward and if that's the case then what is that criteria? I have to send out trades in order for them to happen because most owners don't send out trade offers.

The last thing we want to do is open up a can of worms of owners jabbing at each other. It will be a disaster for this league and honestly this league is one of the better leagues out there because we don't have the drama like some of the other leagues have. I hope we can keep it like that. I have played this game for 15 years. I know how to draft well and that is a big part of this game. Sure I make trades, but so does everyone else. We don't need the personal jabs back and forth. We have a new season coming up. Let's play ball.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:50 am

To Report Trade Abuse go to help tab, scroll down to "Report Trade Abuse" and enter the trade #.

Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:03 am

I don't disagree MJLEE555. This trade is so one sided I consider it presumptive evidence that there is collusion because there is no rational explanation why Denbone would accept it. There have been lopsided trades between them before but nothing to this magnitude. Giving Pecker a free #3 pick affects the competitive balance of the league. As far as Peckers aggressive and frequent trade requests I say more power to him, that's why he is the best here. He does a great job in the comment section of explaining why someone should hit accept. We need to hear from Denbone. I did submit a trade abuse report and starting to wonder why nothing has happened.

Maze

Post by Maze » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm

It takes a minimum of three owners for the ticket kick in the vote.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.

Return to “Keller Stargell League”