Holy balls you guys...

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

ptech

Holy balls you guys...

Post by ptech » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:18 am

I have never seen a waiver/option list so heavily populated.

262run

Re: Holy balls you guys...

Post by 262run » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Just goes to show the talent level in this league! There are so many good players. More than some rosters can accommodate. You could build a pretty good team with our free agents, and one that could be a winner in several other leagues. Unfortunately, I think it makes trading much more difficult, unless a superstar is involved or the player is given away for a bag of marbles.

Jim~

ptech

Re: Holy balls you guys...

Post by ptech » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm

262run wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Just goes to show the talent level in this league! There are so many good players. More than some rosters can accommodate. You could build a pretty good team with our free agents, and one that could be a winner in several other leagues. Unfortunately, I think it makes trading much more difficult, unless a superstar is involved or the player is given away for a bag of marbles.

Jim~
That's an excellent point. What I like to call the "secondary FA market", which is those players who have been DFA'd etc after the first round of waiver claims (aka after game 6 of any given season) can also be pretty strong. It does generally raise the price in most trade negotiations.

Return to “Don Newcombe League”