*^#$ing Relievers

Discussions for the Ford Hernandez League.

Moderators: swope81, bostonhitz, coachcfb1

BlondeBombshell

*^#$ing Relievers

Post by BlondeBombshell » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:44 pm

a new rule .. NEVER EVER draft a reliever in the top 10

Well known fact that relievers get beat up in this game. Your starting pitcher leaves the game after 7 innings giving up 2 runs and the relievers come n and the score ends up 9-7.

I drafted Art Garfunkel first overall, i thought he was the best option in a weak draft (my thought at the time). My plan was to groom and use him as my closer. Him having a low endurance level, my closer usually pitches about 60 innings. 4 seasons into his career, he is horrible. He has a 6 plus era this season. Not only his stats are crappy, his development isn't going well.

The new rule is for me, you other owners, take your chances. Rant is over, who am i kidding, my rant will never be over when relievers are involved.

Spidermonkeys

Re: *^#$ing Relievers

Post by Spidermonkeys » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:11 pm

LOL, I feel your pain. I took RP Marcus Murphy with a 9th pick. He's now a OS23 A/A- setup man with a hefty 5.71 ERA in his first season. I expected so much better. I had to remove him as my closer early in the season.

XSwabbie

Re: *^#$ing Relievers

Post by XSwabbie » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm

closers are truly a crap shoot. I usually choose velocity over control, but then I'm a suck ass owner
Thanks,
Allen, aka xswabbie

Return to “Ford Hernandez League”