Biggest Win/Win?

Discussions for the Ford Hernandez League.

Moderators: bostonhitz, swope81, coachcfb1

bostonhitz

Biggest Win/Win?

Post by bostonhitz »

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=13191862

Take a look at the Lenhardt trade all the way at the bottom

If I remember correctly, Washington was in the midst of rebuild and a CP crunch. The 3 first round picks Swope surrendered - Dizzy, Woody and Lancaster become the 1/2/3 pitchers for a dominant Tampa Bay team.

Washington in return got arguably the best hitter in the history of the league that will have a shot at eclipsing Barry’s record (cmon don’t make this guy play until 45)

Absolutely a win for both teams. Coach trades what would become possibly the best hitter to bolster his team, a great quality for quantity trade (the quantity isn’t half bad either) and Swope realizing he can’t sustain all 3 draft picks in addition to what he has - goes for the talent.

Nice job all around to two very good owners.
coachcfb1

Re: Biggest Win/Win?

Post by coachcfb1 »

Yeah, I have looked back at that trade several times... lol. Nice observations on the trade. Always good to look back to see who wins / loses them as the players get towards the end of their careers.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Slope on a rope-a-dope within the scope...…………………. :D
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Even if I wasn't in a crunch, I was going to do whatever it took to acquire Lendhardt. I had a feeling he was going to be an all-time great.

And yes, the trade definitely worked out great for both of us, Coach go some quality talent back.

And don't worry Frankie, no way I do him like and roll him out there everyday when he's a shadow of his former self. He deserves better.

Return to “Ford Hernandez League”