Merge Update

Discussions for the Reggie Smith League.

Moderator: mrile0

Admin
Site Admin

Merge Update

Post by Admin » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:48 am

Unfortunately, I somehow miscalculated the number of teams we had after the merger, so we were not able to do the migration method, instead we have done the traditional merge into a 24-team league.

The leagues are now merged into the Smith Murphy League. Your new message forum is at viewforum.php?f=249 .

The league rules are set as:

Minor League System 3
Injury System 2
Development Curve System 1
Retirement System 1
Batter Improvement System 3
Player Mentoring System 1
Team Mentoring System 1
Winning Percentage Modifier Off
Attribute Display Numbers
Hidden Major League Improvements No
Hidden Minor League Improvements No
Catcher Rule Percentage 50%
Required Major League Catchers 2
Amateur Draftee Populate Date 11PM after league reaches 08-15
Postseason Eligibility Date Before 09-01
Years Out Draft Picks can be Traded 3
Number of Days to clear the Waiver Wire 4
Pause Days after OffSeason 1
Seasons between fence adjustments 1
Seasons between stadium constructions 5
Fence distance+height down baselines 305 - 380 ft.
Fence distance+height to center 400 - 480 ft.
Sum of all fence distances+heights 1750 - 2000 ft.
Artificial turf allowed Yes

Everything is transferred except for any future draft pick trades; I'm working on those now. You can log in and work on your teams; I have games paused until we are sure everything transferred correctly.

Some owners had to be moved to different cities due to conflicts.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

kaliayev

Re: Merge Update

Post by kaliayev » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:49 am

Sorry, but this does not work for me. What a mess. Please drop me from the league immediately and I would like a refund, I did not sign up for this.

carriemae49

Post by carriemae49 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:41 am

Please remove my team from this new league and refund my last payment. I purchased the Pittsburgh franchise, not San Francisco. I also do not wish to be in a 24-team league.

historymann49

Post by historymann49 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:46 am

I agree. I was in a 24-team league once before and hated it. I have no desire to repeat the experience. Please refund my last payment and list Minnesota for sale.

Twogds

Post by Twogds » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Just so I am clear as to what we are doing, we are merging with a 24 team league. Why so big a league and if we choose not to join what are the options? I like being in the league but I am not sure if I want to be a part of 24 team league.

kaliayev

Post by kaliayev » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Unfortunately it is indeed a done deal and the RSL is defunct. The new league is a 24 team league and includes all the crappy rules as in the post above by admin. Already a good chunk of the RSL has bailed including myself. I asked for a refund and that this had all made me decide to leave SD completely. I did not get a refund, but a credit. Can't speak for how it was handled with anyone else. If you want out I would post to the link above for the new league's forum or with a support ticket. With the way things are transpiring, crappy rules, 24 team league that is already hemorrhaging owners, this new league is basically DOA in my opinion.

Kurgan

Post by Kurgan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 am

I would not have been in favor of this had I logged in and checked.

Return to “Reggie Smith League”