New Minor League System????

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

262run

Re: New Minor League System????

Post by 262run » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 pm

How about it Commish? Everyone so far is in agreement! Can we please put it to a vote?

Jim~

Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:37 am

Hell yeah......lets roll......

ptech

Post by ptech » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 am

262run wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:39 pm
Since it appears that the effort to change our injury system has failed, I am proposing a change in Minor League systems to compensate. I am making the assumption that those who voted to keep our current injury system did so because they felt it was more realistic with MLB. Using that logic, we should have a more extensive minor league roster to allow us as managers to compensate for these additional injuries.

I would like to suggest another league vote to adopt Minor League System 4, giving us 25 minor leaguers without causing the CP distribution penalty we now have by carrying more than 15 players in the minors. This is a great league to participate in, so how about we compromise this way?

Jim~

System 4
This system will have 10 ICs per game, and there are no CPs individually assigned. All players will have an equal chance of being selected for an IC. For a 25-man minor league squad, each player will get roughly 64 ICs per season. In other words, all prospects are developed as fully as possible. You may experience missed ICs if you have less than 25 eligible players in the minor leagues. This system has rules that require your team to play to win or to best develop players (in other words, not intentionally lose or "tank"); See the Site_Rules for details.
Personally, I really hate system 4. In my experience it's very mercurial, and the conversions often make no sense based on the players age.

That said, I'll post a voting poll regarding it tomorrow and we can see whats up from there.

Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:35 pm

The injury’s system is so jacked up that I would entertain this but I’d definitely need to think about it because I think it heavily effects the trade market

Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:21 pm

You could be right,and thats why players who been here dont want change.
At this point I think we have to try 1 season at 25 in minors.
1/2 the league wants change,1/2 wants the same. Maybe 75% would take the 25 man minor deal.

Return to “Don Newcombe League”