Help me out with this, please

Owner to Owner help and advice
SquidJordan

Re: Help me out with this, please

Post by SquidJordan » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 pm

I had a busy day, put to work by the wife, so I haven't even had a chance to delve into everything yet. Can't wait to read it all. But wanted to give you guys the quick update. I was hesitant when Hamilton suggested Pickett to the pen and Sabo to the rotation -- Pickett has been great -- but I am committed to getting better so I did at least that right away. In his first game as closer today Pickett came in and got a win. Maybe that's a game I lose before now. Incidentally, has to be coincidence, but since I put up this post I am hot.

kidspeed

Post by kidspeed » Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Hamilton. I appreciate what you said about maybe it's four bars and that you might get more innings out of your starters. I've done the oposite and have it set to never take out for stamina reasons. There doesn't seem to be an in between. Do you think that it would be a good improvement suggestion for chris if we had choices here such as remove starting pitcher when: He begins to tire; he tires to 3 bars; he tires to 2 bars etc? Has this been suggested before?

Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:35 pm

The in between is to pull them when they are tired "only in certain circumstances" ... such as having a runner on 1st, or something. I used to use those, but have found that they don't work for me as well as just "pull immediately" does.

kidspeed

Post by kidspeed » Sun May 24, 2020 8:22 am

I agree. the certain circumstances is based on performance,and like you said, just because he let up a single and a homer, does'n't mean the next at bat is more likely to get a hit. (unless he's tired). It's all about the ratings. I'm having success my way,but if I start to faulter I'm gonna try it your way.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”