Again....

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

irishman35

Again....

Post by irishman35 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:04 pm

The Michigan Mauraders are now 0 and 5. Lost today to the now 4 and 0 Brawlers in OT. Threw a interception in scoring position where a field goal would have sealed a win. Threw another one in OT on the fringes of being able to tie the game with a FG. First game of year we had a lead, 2nd game we were tied 3 to 3 at halftime and we had a lead until letting up 10 pts in last 3 minutes of 4th game. So we dont suck but are still 0 and 5. Frustrating.

luminafire

Re: Again....

Post by luminafire » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:37 pm

It'll work out, you need some time. Boraiders is the best player here and it took him at least three seasons to get it together after inheriting a vacant team. It took me 88 days to rebuild my team from scratch. No worries just keep playing
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard

23x DC
6x CC
2x WC (*)

Neon17

Post by Neon17 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:54 am

Haha I've had my team for 17 seasons and would still consider myself in my initial rebuild phase after all this time. Stick with it, make smart moves, and with time the wins will come. :P
Pittsburgh River Raiders
FHFL
106-149-1
4x WC
0x DC
0x CC
0x SBC

Philadelphia Fighting Fish
RMFL
106-22
1x WC
7x DC
7x CC
5x SBC

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 0x
Single 6x

luminafire

Post by luminafire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:50 am

It took me years to get the basic grip on the game that I have now but it was worth the wait. When you actually do win you feel very accomplished. On a fluke, inheriting a great roster I randomly went 9-7, became a wildcard and went to the sim Bowl my first outting. That was in 1975. I didn't get back to the title game until 1993 lol. I didn't actually win one until 2028. The bulk of my most recent rebuild took 88 days and I actually know what I'm doing now. This game takes mad patience.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard

23x DC
6x CC
2x WC (*)

irishman35

Post by irishman35 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Yea,.. didn't help that aveage age of team when i took over game 5 last season was well over 30. And not a talented 30+ group either. Plus only had 2 picks this past season and only a first and 7th coming up this year. My two main half backs and both starting WR are waiver wire pickups. The young 23 yo WR I traded for to be my #1 with A+ health last year got hurt for 230 days. Then dropped 5 passes in first 3 games this year and is on the bench. 2 starting lineman on offense and defense were waiver wire pickups. Plus all the backups for both lines came from waiver wire. I guess I cant expect too much

Neon17

Post by Neon17 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:25 pm

With that lineup you can’t expect anything lol. I would take it as a positive that you are making some of these games close. My team was in similar shape when I took it over and I’m still ‘rebuilding’ it.
Pittsburgh River Raiders
FHFL
106-149-1
4x WC
0x DC
0x CC
0x SBC

Philadelphia Fighting Fish
RMFL
106-22
1x WC
7x DC
7x CC
5x SBC

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 0x
Single 6x

luminafire

Post by luminafire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm

irishman35 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Yea,.. didn't help that aveage age of team when i took over game 5 last season was well over 30. And not a talented 30+ group either. Plus only had 2 picks this past season and only a first and 7th coming up this year. My two main half backs and both starting WR are waiver wire pickups. The young 23 yo WR I traded for to be my #1 with A+ health last year got hurt for 230 days. Then dropped 5 passes in first 3 games this year and is on the bench. 2 starting lineman on offense and defense were waiver wire pickups. Plus all the backups for both lines came from waiver wire. I guess I cant expect too much
The previous owner used all his picks to get highly rated players even though they were older then when they all got old and couldn't play anymore and he had no picks he complained that the sim was against him and left the team for sale totally barren of talent or picks as if his pick trading didn't lead to that eventuality. With all due respect to bigamusk that's kind of rude and selfish to do. Now a new eager player has to wait months to regain full draft picks three years out again

Whenever I get tired of this game I'd never leave the franchise with zero picks
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard

23x DC
6x CC
2x WC (*)

irishman35

Post by irishman35 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm

I guess I am a bit of a masochist. Plus I heard this was best league on the site. I figure if I can take a bad team with 3 total picks first 2 years to even the playoffs within a 8 to 10 year span I would feel I achieved something major. In fact, I've only been beat bad in 2 games this year so I feel the franchise is on track. Kind of the Browns philosophy for the last 20 years..lol.... sorry to any Browns fans in league.

luminafire

Post by luminafire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:09 am

I think you'll do fine just the previous owner left you in a bad spot and no matter how good you are you're going to have to wait a few months before you can make any real headway. If I were you I wouldn't trade any picks and I'd just wait the few months for my draft picks to be full again because you need a total rebuild so you need the youngest players possible (players out of the draft) and to not be skipping any rounds of any drafts once you start filling your team up. At least that's my strategy. I know you're not new to SD football so maybe I don't need to say that but it doesn't hurt to reiterate.

I think you made a good choice. We're not sure what's going on with the Minnesota Wolves but it looks like we're going to have to wait until sometime in July to even think about replacing the Montreal Machine (who just joined, started logging in once a month and vanishing not even ranking his drafts O_o... why waste the money?) so it was kind of a boon for you the the previous owner of your franchise just rage-quit one day because spots have been pretty rare since the pandemic started but it's a shame he waited until he had no picks left to do it. Now you, a new owner, have to pay for months in which you can't really make any moves unless you want to screw up a future draft :-\
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard

23x DC
6x CC
2x WC (*)

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”