Swept by a bot

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
redcped

Swept by a bot

Post by redcped »

It's a little embarrassing when the bot team sneaks up on you in the standings, sweeps you, and shoves you out of first place.
Descent54

Re: Swept by a bot

Post by Descent54 »

That San Diego was a good team, but now it is starting to age. Make no mistake, it still has enough to make the playoffs. It could have very won a championship or two if the former owner had a made an adjustment or two.The problem was, he had a lineup with all power hitters, but had no high contact guys to get on base in front of them.The bot has added them. In the past it was good enough to win a lot of games amd make the playoffs in a weak league. But when the playoffs started and faced good pitching, it got beat, Simple as that.

My 2 cents.

Greg(Washington)
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Descent54 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:56 am That San Diego was a good team, but now it is starting to age. Make no mistake, it still has enough to make the playoffs. It could have very won a championship or two if the former owner had a made an adjustment or two.The problem was, he had a lineup with all power hitters, but had no high contact guys to get on base in front of them.The bot has added them. In the past it was good enough to win a lot of games amd make the playoffs in a weak league. But when the playoffs started and faced good pitching, it got beat, Simple as that.

My 2 cents.

Greg(Washington)
It also helps when you can turn a stretch starter of an outfielder...

into an MVP, 6x All-Star A-overall 3rd Baseman.

"The problem was, he had a lineup with all power hitters, but had no high contact guys to get on base in front of them."

Those maxed out power guys typically flop once they are facing quality pitching as well. Example A: Babe McLaughlin

Your Senators pitchers made him look silly in that World Series. The best owners know not to overly rely on the C+/A+ type hitters when facing the top pitchers.
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

You too huh?

TrammellHOF
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

TrammellHOF wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:58 pm You too huh?

TrammellHOF
TrammellHOF, you sir, may have lost the battle. But in terms Aggrieved Owners Swept by the San Diego DynastyBots, I'd say you won the war for superior sympathy. ;)

Seeing as Chicago is once again going to likely miss the playoffs, I wish I could offer some help to your rosters in matters of a trade. Unfortunately, I think the talent would better serve Brooklyn, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia by just starting to improve my own lackluster record against the Zombie Zebras. We'll try our best tomorrow to try to get 2. Thankfully, we don't have to face San Diego on the road (35-7 currently)!!! :cry:
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Sign me up for the San Diego DynastyBot Sweep Club. Chicago is now a 3-time member. Sorry about that... :(
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

spicoli306 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:32 pm
TrammellHOF wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:58 pm You too huh?

TrammellHOF
TrammellHOF, you sir, may have lost the battle. But in terms Aggrieved Owners Swept by the San Diego DynastyBots, I'd say you won the war for superior sympathy. ;)

Seeing as Chicago is once again going to likely miss the playoffs, I wish I could offer some help to your rosters in matters of a trade. Unfortunately, I think the talent would better serve Brooklyn, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia by just starting to improve my own lackluster record against the Zombie Zebras. We'll try our best tomorrow to try to get 2. Thankfully, we don't have to face San Diego on the road (35-7 currently)!!! :cry:

My offense is horrible! Every player is having a down year other than Scull...

TrammellHOF
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

TrammellHOF wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm My offense is horrible! Every player is having a down year other than Scull...

TrammellHOF
You don't need offense when your pitchers can do what Frank Tanana v. 2.0 has been doing to our hitters. Tanana is currently 4-0 against us with 3 Shutouts in 4 starts. :oops:

My best batter vLHP, Witmeyer (A/A Contact/Power), has gone 0-4, 0-4, 0-4 in the 3 Shutouts.

-Michael
TrammellHOF

Post by TrammellHOF »

Swept again including 2 SO...

TrammellHOF
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

And it just keeps getting more interesting...

With 7 games left, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, & the newcomer, Milwaukee, are in a 3-way tie for 2nd place. Every previous loss adds even more grief now that the race is so cutthroat.

Meanwhile, my Chicago hitters need to score some runs in our 3rd game @ Milwaukee. After getting nearly no-hit by Joseph Silva and then just plain shutout by Bill Lunte, my hitters are going to have to walk back to Chicago if they can't score a friggin' run in the dang series.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”